Haunted Summitview Drive of New Castle, PA USA
Yard haunt sponsored by Partiers.com of New Castle, PA USA



Peek-a-boo animatronic

 This is our electric motor driven animatronic.  Here is a photo inside our graveyard.

Powered by a rotisserie motor mounted at the bottom of our

plywood gravestone, our P. K. Boo skeleton slowly rises and lowers.

These pictures were taken a year after our animatronic was built so

       detailed illustrations do not exist.  We will gladly answer any questions you may have.

 Here is a closer view of our animatronic P.K. Boo.

 The gravestone is simply a piece of plywood fastened to another
piece of plywood to make a 90 degree angle which allows it to
          stand upright.  All of the electronic components are mounted on the
back on the piece of plywood that lays on the ground.

 From the side, you can see how we attached the
        gravestone's plywood front to a piece of plywood that will act as the
prop's base.  We had to experiment to get the correct
distance from the motor shaft and linkage to move our
skeleton the correct amount of length up and down.

 From behind, you can see how we mounted the rotisserie
motor inside a wooden housing we constructed.  We had to leave
         enough space from the ground so that the swing arm didn't hit bottom when
it rotated underneath.

 We used the bracket that came with the rotisserie
motor.  It was a universal mount for gas grills.
Here is a closer view of the motor from behind.

Here is another view from the side.

The skeleton used in this prop was taken from a
battery operated hanging/shaking skeleton device.
     It was dismantled and 12 volt LED lights were placed in the
eyes for use in this prop.

 Close up of the motor from the front.  The shaft was welded with welding liquid inside
the motor.  It was the original rotisserie shaft that we cut to the size we needed then 
glued inside the motor.  We attached an arm to the motor shaft using a C-type clamp.
The length of the shaft as well as the arms are important.

 This is the upper portion of the arm where the skeleton is
       attached.  We used a clamp to hold the arm in place, but allowed
enough room for it to move properly.

 From above, the distance between the gravestone front
and the motor mount can be seen.

We had to make several different wooden structures

     before we got it right.  If you need the dimensions we used,
we will gladly supply them for you.